Do you thrive in an atmosphere of clear expectations and using your talents to help an organization grow? Hive is looking for DRIVEN, GENUINE, and EXTREMELY TALENTED professionals to grow with our fast-paced revenue management company as we excel in providing solutions that improve the quality of life for our clients. Hive believes that when you find the center of your talents, passions, and skills, you have hit the “Sticky Point” that causes you to thrive. We believe in empowering our employees with the resources they need to succeed so together we can celebrate the rewards of high performance.
The Front Office Supervisor will manage relationships with the owners and operators of a fast-paced, rapidly growing Savannah, GA medical practice, thereby ensuring efficient workflow, consistency of service and optimization of collections.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Front Office Supervisor will create front office schedules each week, hold the team accountable for action items in the process workflow, resolve complex billing questions and communicate with HIVE’s billing office daily. Exemplary and highly professional communication skills, strong leadership ability and desire for team success are essential to this key role within a medical provider’s office.
- Positively welcome patients and visitors in person or on the telephone; answer or escalate inquiries; anticipate patient’s concerns
- Optimize patient satisfaction by helping the whole PRS team with more detailed or complex problem resolution on patient balances
- Ensure schedule accuracy for PRS team
- Maintain reception area
- Obtain, record and update personal and financial information in patient accounts
- Clearly communicate and facilitate patients’ understanding of owed liability by providing an accurate and transparent estimate of scheduled services
- Optimize efficiency of workflow and maximize collection of payment by preemptive review of scheduled patients’ accuracy of data
- Obtain revenue by recording and updating financial information; record and collect patient charges; control credit extended to patients
- Act as liaison between medical provider office and the company to facilitate accuracy of claim data
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Maintain operations by following Hive’s policies and procedures; report needed changes.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Qualifications and Skills
Ability to work well in either an independent and/or in a team environment. Has a “can-do”, positive attitude at all times.
- Strong ability to work calmly and reasonably in stressful environments
- Ability to motivate and serve PRS team on a daily basis. Desires to see each PRS grow professionally and spends time developing each team member
- Possesses a keen ability to solve problems and see problems through. Is not afraid to “figure it out” on their own and seek answers for problem resolution
- Owns and understands the entire process workflow quickly and easily
- Thinks “outside the box” and comes up with new ideas to improve processes
- Serves the both PRS team and practice staff through servant-leadership
- Develops strong rapport with provider physician(s) and nurse(s), building trust with everyone
- Resolves End of Day procedure questions for billing office each day
- Continually upholds and models Hive core values
- Daily reporting/accountability to Account Manager’s direction
- Proven, positive management experience required.
- Exceptional customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Experience in the medical billing industry and in quality customer care.
- Proficient working knowledge of Excel, Word and e-Commerce.
- Basic knowledge of at least one practice management system.
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation)
At Hive, our process, people and technology combine to eliminate errors, maximize revenue and empower medical providers to make informed decisions. We are the business partners to manage the financial health of each practice we serve. Our priority is ensuring providers capture all of their earned revenue, while they focus on their priority, treating patients!